Long Term Care:
A tax-free monthly benefit payment in the event that you are unable to perform two of the six activities of daiy living on your own as defined in the policy.
The activities of daily living include:
- Transferring (Flipping your own body by yourself)
- Continence (Cognitive impairment)
Why would you need long term care insurance?
- Freedom to select the level of care you can afford.
- Remaining in the comfort of your own home without being a burden on others.
- Preserving your assets and retirement savings.
- Maintaining your standard of living as much as possible.
- Receiving the necessary, immediate and affordable services.
- Protecting your family's financial security.
Long-term care services may be provided in a variety of settings. They can be done at home, through adult day care, in a retirement home, an assisted living setting or a long term care facility.
Services may include:
- Nursing care.
- Rehabilitation and therapy.
- Personal Care (Help with dressing, eating and bathing).
- Home making services (Meal preparations, cleaning laundry).